Announcing the CAP Student Scholarship
Your membership in the Carwash Association of Pennsylvania (CAP) provides your employees and their families with an exclusive scholarship opportunity! It also provides you with a valuable employee benefit that can help motivate an employee while enabling him/her to grow.
One $500 scholarship is awarded exclusively to CAP-member employees yearly. It is important to note that this award can be used for any type of continuing education, be it full or part-time. Applicants will be evaluated based on their high school standing, leadership capabilities, community involvement, strength of character, personal achievement, plan of study, and future goals. The scholarship will be awarded to individuals who, through their work in the community and at your business, have demonstrated excellence and a genuine desire to expand their knowledge.
To be eligible an applicant must:
- Be an employee or direct family member of an employee of any CAP member
- Have been an employee, full or part-time, for at least 1 year
- Have graduated High school or have the equivalent
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited post-secondary educational institution full or part-time and
- Not be an owner, or direct family member of an owner of a carwash facility, manufacture or retail supplier to the car wash industry.
Please print copies of the ‘How to Apply’ page listed below, make copies and distribute them to your employees in their paychecks. Your employees can then contact our office to receive an application packet.
It is the hope of the CAP that Board of Directors that every member will encourage their employees and their families to take advantage of this great opportunity. We all know that $500.00 can go a long way in defraying the cost of higher education. Don’t let your employees miss out.
Keith Lutz, President